- A Step Toward Realism
- New Architecture Code Examples
- The Usual Type of Client-Side Code
- A Couple of Tweaks that Help Performance
- Collapsed Objects
- Statuses in One Single Byte
- Object Vector
- Using "Dumb" Collections
- Another Struggle with Guids
- Oops, Maintainability Must Be Lost!
- And a Few Tweaks Not Applied Yet
- A New Test Application
- Results of the Throughput Tests
Like this article? We recommend
Statuses in One Single Byte
I need to hold a couple of statuses for each instancesuch as dirty, deleted, and expanded, for example. Instead of having one Boolean field for each, I have one Byte field, and let one bit in that Byte field describe each status. To make the code in EntityBase not ugly, I also have private properties for setting and getting the statuses. According to my tests, I saved 35 bytes for one instance in serialization size by doing this.