- 1. Do Your Keyword Research
- 2. Incorporate the Keywords in Your Site's Content
- 3. Use Specific HTML Tags for On-Page Optimization
- 4. Choose Title Tags Carefully
- 5. Use Meta Descriptions
- 6. Use Meta Keywords
- 7. Pick Meaningful URL Names for Pages
- 8. Incorporate & Optimize Images
- 9. Use Flash with Caution
A web page takes a lot of pieces to put it together just right, and so does optimizing it. There isn't one specific way to optimize 20 web sites and get them all ranking in the Top Ten all at the same time. Always consider content, title tags, filenames, your market space, competitors, and changes in your industry—these factors and many more make each site different in its optimization goals for attaining great rankings.
Starting with the strong foundation resulting from these ten tips will help you get your web site off to an impressive start in the search engines!