This chapter is from the book
- http://www.x.org/—Curators of the X Window System.
- http://www.x.org/Downloads_mirror.html—Want to download the source to the latest revision of X? Start at this list of mirror sites.
- http://www.xfree86.org/—Home of The XFree86 Project, Inc., which has provided a graphical interface for Linux for nearly 10 years.
- http://www.kde.org/—The place to get started when learning about KDE and the latest developments.
- http://www.gnome.org/—The launch point for more information about GNOME, links to new clients, and GNOME development projects.
- http://people.redhat.com/~hp/metacity/—Havoc Pennington's metacity download page, where you can get the latest full-source version of this window manager.
- http://sawmill.sourceforge.net/—The home page for the sawfish window manager (formerly called sawmill).
- http://www.icewm.org/—IceWM's home page.
- http://www.lesstif.org/—The home page of the LessTif project, which aims to provide GNU GPL versions of OSF/Motif-compatible software libraries.
- http://scwm.sourceforge.net/—The home page of a lightweight, yet virtual desktop-enabled window manager.
- http://www.fvwm.org/—The home page for FVWM2, where you can download the latest version.
- http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/—The place to get started with Ximian GNOME.