- A Day in the Life of CI
- What Is the Value of CI?
- What Prevents Teams from Using CI?
- How Do I Get to "Continuous" Integration?
- When and How Should a Project Implement CI?
- The Evolution of Integration
- How Does CI Complement Other Development Practices?
- How Long Does CI Take to Set Up?
- CI and You
- Commit Code Frequently
- Don't Commit Broken Code
- Fix Broken Builds Immediately
- Write Automated Developer Tests
- All Tests and Inspections Must Pass
- Run Private Builds
- Avoid Getting Broken Code
Write Automated Developer Tests
A build should be fully automated. In order to run tests for a CI system, the tests must be automated. Writing your tests in an xUnit framework such as NUnit or JUnit will provide the capability of running these tests in an automated fashion. Chapter 6 provides details on writing automated tests.