- Derby: A Database for All Seasons
- What Is Derby?
- How to Use Derby
- Setting Up Your CLASSPATH
- Testing Your Setup
- Running Your First Derby Program
- Derby Application Components
- Derby Application Startup
- Loading the Derby Driver
- Database and Connection Creation
- Statement Creation
- Table Creation
- Table Access
- Running the Code
Loading the Derby Driver
Now that the SimpleApp object members have been set, it’s time to load the Derby driver, which is achieved using the code in Listing 6.
Listing 6 Loading the Derby driver
For the code in Listing 6 to work, the Derby JAR file must be on the CLASSPATH. This was done as part of the post-install configuration.