- WinSAT: Is Your Computer Ready for Gaming Under Vista?
- How to Check Your WinSAT Score
- The Perfect CPU
- How Much RAM?
- DirectX 10 Graphic Cards: What? When?
- Fast Hard Disk
- Gaming Performance and Compatibility Under Vista
- Compatibility Mode
- Example: Age of Empires III
- DirectX 10 Changes the Way We Look at Hardware
- Geometry Shader
- Unified Architecture
- Where Are the Other DirectX Features?
- Games Explorer
- Bottom Line
Some of the games I tested required me to use the compatibility mode for Windows XP. This is how to set up compatibility mode:
- Right-click the icon or .exe file of your game.
- From the pop-up menu, select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) as the compatibility mode (see Figure 4).
Figure 4 There’s always a chance with the compatibility mode.