- WinSAT: Is Your Computer Ready for Gaming Under Vista?
- How to Check Your WinSAT Score
- The Perfect CPU
- How Much RAM?
- DirectX 10 Graphic Cards: What? When?
- Fast Hard Disk
- Gaming Performance and Compatibility Under Vista
- Compatibility Mode
- Example: Age of Empires III
- DirectX 10 Changes the Way We Look at Hardware
- Geometry Shader
- Unified Architecture
- Where Are the Other DirectX Features?
- Games Explorer
- Bottom Line
How to Check Your WinSAT Score
If you’ve never checked your WinSAT score before, or if you’ve added a brand-new graphics card or more RAM and want to see what your new score is, here’s how to do it:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click the System and Maintenance link, and then click Performance Information and Tools. Here you’ll find your current score and more details on the performance of your computer.
- Click Update My Score. Vista performs the WinSAT test based on your current hardware configuration (see Figure 2).
Figure 2 Performance Information and Tools gives you the current system score.