- Formatting Text
- Formatting Text for Emphasis
- Changing Character Spacing
- Selecting Text with Similar Formatting
- Finding and Replacing Formatting
- Finding and Replacing Custom Formatting
- Changing Paragraph Alignment
- Changing Line Spacing
- Displaying Rulers
- Setting Paragraph Tabs
- Setting Paragraph Indents
- Creating Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Applying Borders and Shading
- Hiding Text
If you have confidential information in a document or text that you don’t want others to see, you can hide the text. When you hide text, you can’t view or print the text unless you select the Hidden Text option in the Word Options dialog box. When you display or print hidden text, the characters appear with a dotted lined underneath. Hiding text does not protect your text from being seen, but it does conceal it from others.
Hide or Unhide Text
- Select the text you want to hide or the hidden text.
- Click the Home tab, and then click the Font Dialog Box Launcher.
- Click the Font tab.
- Select or clear the Hidden check box.
- Click OK.
Display or Print Hidden Text
- Click the Office button, and then click Word Options.
- In the left pane, click Display.
- Select the Hidden text check box.
- Select the Print hidden text check box.
- Click OK.