- Banging Pots
- The Problem with Time Management
- Managing Your Managers
- Needs Explicit and Needs Implicit
- Management Value Added
- Bridging an Unbridgeable Gap
- Knowing versus DoingTraction versus Slippage
- The Good Business ReasonDesigning Your Project Portfolio
- Making Teams WorkControlling the Cave People
- The Rest of the Cast of Characters: The Committed and the Compliant
- Using Technology to Assure Accountability and Create Traction
- Maintaining Traction
There’s no doubt that creating traction takes effort, but the rewards are great. We and our companies are at our best when we escape pot banging to do the things that really matter.
When you are exposing your company’s Knowing versus Doing gap, reframing your job using MVA, finding ways to build communications bridges between managers, or planning a team effort so that the committed can win over the compliant, you are drilling a layer deeper than those around you. The traction you develop and maintain will enable you to go further and faster than you ever dreamed possible.