Setting Up AdSense Channels
To set up an AdSense channel, start by logging into your Google AdSense account. Click the AdSense Setup tab and then click the Channels link beneath the tabs (see Figure 2).
Figure 2 Click the Channels link to work with channels.
If you’ve already created some channels (as I have), they’ll appear in the Channels window. Figure 3 shows my custom channels.
Figure 3 My custom channels for AdSense for Content.
Creating Custom Channels
To create new custom channels, follow these steps:
- Click the AdSense for Content or AdSense for Search tab, depending on which feature you want to use.
- Click the + Add New Custom Channels link.
- In the large edit box that appears, enter the names you want to assign to
your custom categories. (Use names that make sense to you based on the type of
ads or the type of pages for which you’ll use them.) Put one name on each
line; press Return or Enter after each one. Figure 4 shows an example.
Figure 4 Enter the names you want to create.
- Click the Add Channels button. The big edit box disappears and the names you
entered are added to your list (see Figure 5).
Figure 5 The new names are added to the list.
Creating URL Channels
To create URL channels, follow these steps:
- Click the AdSense for Content tab.
- Click the URL Channels link. A list of the URL channels you’ve already
created appears (see Figure 6).
Figure 6 Here are the URL channels I’ve already created.
- Click the + Add New URL Channels link.
- In the large edit box that appears, enter the URLs you want to track in
channels. (Consult the Example URL Channels area on the right side of the tab
for ideas.) Put one URL on each line and press Return or Enter after each one.
Figure 7 shows an example in which I’ve added two URLs to track
directories (2007 and blogging) and one URL to track a
Figure 7 Enter the URLs you want to track.
- Click the Add Channels button. The big edit box closes and the URLs you
entered are added to the list (see Figure 8).
Figure 8 The URLs are added to the URL channel list.