- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Scanning and Imaging Documents
- Managing Pictures
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Compressing a Picture
Office allows you to compress pictures in order to minimize the file size of the image. In doing so, however, you may lose some visual quality, depending on the compression setting. You can pick the resolution that you want for the pictures in a document based on where or how they’ll be viewed (for example, on the Web or printed). You can also set other options, such as Delete cropped areas of picture, to get the best balance between picture quality and file size or automatically compress pictures when you save your document.
Compress a Picture
Click to select the pictures you want to compress.
Click the Format tab under Picture Tools.
Click the Compress Pictures button.
Select the Apply to selected pictures only check box to apply compression setting to only the selected picture. Otherwise, clear the check box to compress all pictures in your document.
Select or clear the Automatically perform basic compression on save check box.
Select or clear the Delete cropped areas of pictures check box to reduce file.
Click the Print, Screen, or E-mail option to specify a target output.
Click OK to close the Compression Settings dialog box.