- Working with Files
- Selecting Files
- Viewing File Details
- Renaming a File
- Moving a File
- Copying a File
- Copying a File Using the Send To Command
- Deleting a File
- Undeleting a File from the Recycle Bin
- Opening a File from an Explorer
- Setting File Associations
- Printing a File from an Explorer
- Using Instant Search
- Saving Searches
- Running a Saved Search
- Adding a Tag to a File
- Adding Other Properties to a File
Moving a File
You might need to move files from one folder or drive to another (for example, to reorganize folders by putting similar files together in the same folder). You can also move a file that you accidentally saved in the wrong folder.
Right-click the file you want to move and click Cut.
Navigate to the folder where you want to move the file.
Right-click a blank area of the file list and click Paste.
The file is pasted to the new location.