Creating a Simple SharpDevelop Project
The first step in our migration journey (pardon the pun) is to create a project. This is really simple to do with SharpDevelop:
- Open the SharpDevelop IDE.
- Click File > New Solution.
- Click Windows Applications.
- Click Console Application.
- Give your project a name and browse to the desired disk location.
- Click Create.
After following these steps, you can compile and execute the skeleton project by clicking the green arrow button on the Tool menu. I did say SharpDevelop is easy to use!