MCSE Exam 70-294 Exam Prep: Managing an Active Directory Infrastructure
This chapter covers the following Microsoft-specified objectives for the Planning and Implementing an Active Directory Infrastructure and Managing and Maintaining an Active Directory Infrastructure sections of the Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure exam:
Implement an Active Directory directory service forest and domain structure
- Establish trust relationships. Types of trust relationships might include external trusts, shortcut trusts, and crossforest trusts.
- Business requirements might dictate the need to use more than one forest in your enterprise. You need to understand how to create trust relationships with external forests and when to use external trusts or forest trusts. You should also understand when to use shortcut trusts within multiple-domain forests.
Manage an Active Directory forest and domain structure
- Manage trust relationships
- Manage schema modifications
- Add or remove a UPN suffix
- This objective is intended to make sure that you can manage several components of the Active Directory forest and domain structure. You should be aware of the different types of trust relationships you can configure within and between forests. You should also understand how to work with the Active Directory schema and how to use UPN suffixes to facilitate management and user logon in multiple-domain enterprises.
Implement an Active Directory site topology
- Configure site links
- Configure preferred bridgehead servers
- This objective evaluates your knowledge of how Active Directory handles networks that are distributed among different physical locations separated by low-speed WAN links. You need to understand how to create and configure sites, site link bridges, and bridgehead servers, and how the Inter-site Topology Generator and Knowledge Consistency Checker operate.
Manage an Active Directory site
- Configure replication schedules
- Configure site link costs
- Configure site boundaries
- This objective is intended to make sure that you know how to manage several components of the links between Active Directory sites. You should understand the factors that affect intrasite and intersite replication and when to modify replication schedules and site link costs.