Using Online Updates
There is a little feature on the Quicken Home page that shouldn’t be overlooked. You can use it to make your life easier when it comes to managing your financial goals and maintaining all your accounts. It is the Update feature, which you can use to tell Quicken the accounts for which you want to download cleared transactions or quotes, when you want to download them, and how often. You can also select account information that you want to upload to Quicken.com via the Internet. You use the One Step Update to do all of this. In addition, using the Update feature, you can also manage your passwords and schedule your online account updates.
Set Up Online Updates
- Click Update and select One Step Update.
Select a specific account you want to update or select All Accounts to update all of your accounts in Quicken. If you have not set up any of your accounts for online updates, you are prompted to do so. Also, if you have not already registered Quicken, are prompted to do so.
IMPORTANT Only the accounts that you have set up for online access are listed for you to choose from. Remember that your copy of Quicken must be registered before you can use this feature. If your bank or creditor offers online access to your account information, you should have a login ID and password. You will need this information to set up One Step Update.
- To set up or change updating investment and stock quotes, select the Download Quotes, Asset Classes, Headlines, and Alerts option.
- If an account has already been set up for online updates, select the accounts you want to use or clear the accounts you no longer want to download.
- If an account has not been set up yet but online update is available, click Activate for One Step Update.
- To upload information to Quicken.com, select the Quicken.com option and then select Select Quicken.Com Data to Download.
- To select the information you want to download and/or update, click Schedule Updates.
- Select the information for which you want to schedule times to download.
- Select the days on which you want the update to run and then from the At drop-down list, select the run time. Updates run within 15 minutes of the time you select.
- Select when you would like to be prompted to enter your password.
To set up a PIN Vault password, click Password Vault. A PIN Vault password is required in order to use scheduled updates.
TIMESAVER Take advantage of the online updates. Using the online updates to download your account transactions and investment quotes enables you to always keep your accounts up-to-date with the latest information. When you download your transactions, Quicken automatically places the transactions on the Downloaded Transactions tabs in each of the appropriate account registers. From there, all you have to do is add the transactions to your register. This saves you time and ensures that your balances and transaction information are accurate. This saves you even more time and frustration when it comes time to balance your accounts.
Set Up Your Passwords in the Password Vault
- Review the Password Vault information and click Next.
- Select the financial institution for which you want to enter the account password and click Next.
- Click Add Password Vault to set up a password to protect the Password Vault (not shown).
- In Password, type your PIN Vault password. In Re-enter, type it again, and then click Add.
- To change your Password Vault password, click Change Vault Password.
- To add a new password, click Add Password.
- To change your password, click Change Password.
- To remove a password, select it and click Delete Password.
- To print the list of passwords, click Print.
- When you are finished with your passwords, click Done.
Review and Complete Online Updates
- Review your scheduled updates selections and make any necessary changes.
- Click OK to complete the scheduled updates.
- Click OK. At the scheduled time, Quicken displays the Password dialog box, prompts you to type your Password Vault password, and downloads/uploads the latest transactions. When the transmission is complete, a summary window opens showing the accounts were successfully downloaded.