This chapter is from the book
NAC Framework Benefits
Following are some benefits that can be recognized by businesses that have implemented NAC Framework:
- Protects corporate assets—Enforces the corporate security software compliance policy for endpoints.
- Provides comprehensive span of control—All the access methods that endpoints use to connect to the network are covered, including campus switching, wireless, router WAN links, IP Security (IPSec), and remote access.
- Controls endpoint admission—Validates all endpoints regardless of their operating system, and it doesn't matter which agents are running. Also provides the ability to exempt certain endpoints from having to be authenticated or checked.
- Offers a multivendor solution—NAC is the result of a multivendor collaboration between leading security vendors, including antivirus, desktop management, and other market leaders. NAC supports multiple security and patch software vendors through APIs.
- Leverages existing technologies and standards—NAC extends the use of existing communications protocols and security technologies, such as Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), 802.1x, and RADIUS services.
- Leverages existing network and antivirus investments—NAC combines existing investments in network infrastructure and security technology to provide a secure admission control solution.