- Software Development: The Need for a New Paradigm
- Software Development Strategies and Life-Cycle Models
- Software Process Improvement
- ADR Method
- Seven Components of the Robust Software Development Process
- Robust Software Development Model
- Key Points
- Additional Resources
- Internet Exercises
- Review Questions
- Discussion Questions and Projects
Discussion Questions and Projects
Create a table that shows the benefits and costs of using RUP, CMM, and ISO 9000-3 development models in terms of the size of the programs an organization develops and the number it completes per year.
Does your organization’s software development process fit into the table you just created? If so, estimate the one-time costs and continuing costs of introducing the new model. Also estimate the benefits, long-term cost savings, and competitive advantages of using it.