- Exploring the Windows Desktop
- Pointing and Clicking
- Dragging and Dropping
- Moving a Window
- Scrolling a Window
- Resizing a Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
- Using the Windows Start Menu
- Opening a Program
- Creating a New Shortcut on the Desktop
- Switching Between Programs
- Using Menus
- Using Toolbars
- Managing PC Resources with MY Computer
- Managing Windows with the Control Panel
- Changing the Size of Your Desktop
- Selecting a New Desktop Theme
- Personalizing the Desktop Background
- Changing the Color Scheme
- Setting up Additional Users
- Using a Screensaver
- Getting Help in Windows
This chapter is from the book
Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
After you ve opened a window, you can maximize it to display full-screen. You can also minimize it so that it disappears from the desktop and resides as a button on the Windows Taskbar, and you can close it completely.
- To maximize the window, click the Maximize button.
- To minimize the window, click the Minimize button.
- To close the window completely, click the Close button.