- Setting General Preferences
- Setting Desktop View Preferences
- Sorting Lists
- Displaying Lists on Forms
- Adding Accounts
- Using Account Numbers
- Adding Customers
- Displaying Detailed Customer Information
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items in the List Window
- Types of Items
- Using Items on Forms
- Adding Information On-the-Fly
- Moving Items on a List
- Creating Subitems
- Editing Information on a List
- Using Notes to Enter Customer and Job Information
- Hiding Entries on Lists
- Using the Activities Menu on Your Lists
- Deleting Entries on a List
- Merging Entries on a List
- Printing Lists
- Searching for Transactions
- Generating a QuickReport
- Setting Accounting Preferences
This chapter is from the book
Using Account Numbers
QuickBooks automatically assigns account numbers to your standard list of accounts. (These numbers aren't displayed initially.) You can accept these numbers or change them. When you add accounts, you can assign any number you want. Your account numbers can be up to seven characters long and can contain a combination of letters and numbers.
- Turn on account numbering by selecting Edit, Preferences, and selecting Accounting in the Preferences window.
- Click the Company Preferences tab, and then check the Use Account Numbers option to make account numbering available for your company.
- Click OK to save this change.
- View account numbers by pressing Ctrl+A to open the Chart of Accounts window.
- Add or change an account number by clicking the account name, and then pressing Ctrl+E to edit the account.
- Enter the account number for this account.
- Click OK to save the new account number.