- Setting General Preferences
- Setting Desktop View Preferences
- Sorting Lists
- Displaying Lists on Forms
- Adding Accounts
- Using Account Numbers
- Adding Customers
- Displaying Detailed Customer Information
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items in the List Window
- Types of Items
- Using Items on Forms
- Adding Information On-the-Fly
- Moving Items on a List
- Creating Subitems
- Editing Information on a List
- Using Notes to Enter Customer and Job Information
- Hiding Entries on Lists
- Using the Activities Menu on Your Lists
- Deleting Entries on a List
- Merging Entries on a List
- Printing Lists
- Searching for Transactions
- Generating a QuickReport
- Setting Accounting Preferences
This chapter is from the book
Sometimes the list you see isn't the list you need. There are several ways that you can change how your list is sorted. If you've sorted a list and decide that the result isn't what you need, you can easily return your list to the way it was originally sorted. If your list contains subaccounts, you can choose to retain the subaccount indentations when sorting.
- Select a list from the Lists menu to display that list on your screen.
- Click the heading of one of the columns to sort the list by that column. Notice that an up arrow appears at the top of the column, indicating the list is sorted by that column alphabetically or numerically (depending on the type of content) in ascending order.
- Click the column arrow once to change the direction of the arrow and change to a descending sort order.
- Click the heading of any other column to sort by that column.
- Click the diamond that appears to the left of the first column to return the list to the default sort order.