- Setting General Preferences
- Setting Desktop View Preferences
- Sorting Lists
- Displaying Lists on Forms
- Adding Accounts
- Using Account Numbers
- Adding Customers
- Displaying Detailed Customer Information
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items in the List Window
- Types of Items
- Using Items on Forms
- Adding Information On-the-Fly
- Moving Items on a List
- Creating Subitems
- Editing Information on a List
- Using Notes to Enter Customer and Job Information
- Hiding Entries on Lists
- Using the Activities Menu on Your Lists
- Deleting Entries on a List
- Merging Entries on a List
- Printing Lists
- Searching for Transactions
- Generating a QuickReport
- Setting Accounting Preferences
This chapter is from the book
You might have noticed that when you set up a new item, customer, vendor, or account, you can designate that the item is a subitem, a lower-level item under a parent, or leader item. If you didn't designate the sub-status when you first entered the information, you can do so at any time. Open the appropriate list and simply drag the item to its new parent, and then drag to indent.
- Open a list. This example uses the Chart of Accounts list. You can open this list quickly by pressing Ctrl+A.
- Place your mouse pointer over the diamond to the left of the item that is to become the subitem. The mouse pointer turns into a black four-sided arrow.
- Drag the mouse pointer so that the item is located directly beneath the item that will be its parent. A dashed horizontal black line appears where the item is to move. In this example, subitems can only be placed with other Accounts of the same type.
- Release the mouse pointer.
- Again, place your mouse pointer over the diamond to the left of the item that is to become the subitem.
- Drag the mouse pointer slightly to the right. A dashed vertical black line appears where the item is to move.
- Release the mouse pointer. The item is now indented beneath its parent.