- ONS 15454 Shelf Assembly
- Timing, Communications, and Control Cards
- Cross-Connect CardsTiming, Communications, and Control Cards
- Alarm Interface Controller Card
- SONET/SDH Optical Interface Cards
- Ethernet Interface Cards
- Electrical Interface Cards
- Storage Networking Cards
- MSPP Network Design Case Study
This chapter looked at the Cisco ONS 15454 MSPP, which is one of the most widely deployed MSPP systems worldwide. The system components, both hardware (shelf assembly, backplane interfaces, and EIAs) and interface modules (common/control, optical cards, Ethernet services cards, and electrical interface cards) were briefly described to provide an understanding of the basic functionality of the ONS 15454 MSPP.
After exploring the system, a network design example was presented. After identifying the requirements for the end customer, the entire network was designed, including network map, ring optics transmission design, interface slotting, EIA selection, protection group assignment, and interface cabling plan.