- Editing Data
- Overwriting and Deleting Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Data
- Flipping Rows and Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Adding and Viewing Cell Comments
- Editing and Deleting Cell Comments
- Inserting Symbols
- Tracking Changes
- Accepting or Rejecting Tracked Changes
- Checking Spelling
The Symbol command enables you to insert special characters, international characters, and symbols such as the registered trademark (®) and trademark (™) symbols. You can easily add these and other special characters to your Excel worksheets. You delete symbols and special characters just as you delete any other text–by using the Backspace or Delete key.
After you click the cell in which you want to add a symbol, open the Insert menu and choose Symbol to open the Symbol dialog box.
Double-click the symbol you want to insert into the cell–for example, the Copyright sign (©).
Click the Close button to close the Symbol dialog box.
The symbol is placed in the selected cell.