- Editing Data
- Overwriting and Deleting Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Data
- Flipping Rows and Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Adding and Viewing Cell Comments
- Editing and Deleting Cell Comments
- Inserting Symbols
- Tracking Changes
- Accepting or Rejecting Tracked Changes
- Checking Spelling
Editing and Deleting Cell Comments
Excel lets you quickly edit or delete a comment. For example, if you no longer need the note to yourself or want to change the information about a cell.
Right-click the cell that contains the comment you want to edit and choose Edit Comment from the shortcut menu that appears.
Type the edits into the comment area, and click anywhere in the worksheet area to accept the changes to the comment.
To delete a comment, right-click the cell that contains the comment and choose Delete Comment from the shortcut menu. The comment is deleted.