- Opening My Computer
- Opening the My Documents Folder
- Opening the My Pictures Folder
- Opening the My Music Folder
- Selecting a Folder
- Navigating Folders
- Changing the Window View
- Sorting the Contents of a Window
- Choosing Content Details
- Grouping Icons
- Creating a New Folder
- Displaying the Folders List
- Copying Folders
- Moving Folders
- Renaming Folders
- Deleting Folders
- Changing the Folder Options
You can move a folder and its contents to another folder or to a disk so that you can reorganize your folder structure. For example, you might want to move a document folder to My Documents to place all of your folders within the one main My Documents folder.
Click the folder you want to move.
Click the Move this folder link.
Expand the folder listing until you see the drive and folder you want. Select the folder.
Click Move. Windows moves the folder and its contents to this location.