- Editing Data
- Overwriting and Deleting Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Data
- Flipping Rows and Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Adding and Viewing Cell Comments
- Editing and Deleting Cell Comments
- Inserting Symbols
- Tracking Changes
- Accepting or Rejecting Tracked Changes
- Checking Spelling
Undoing and Redoing Changes
If you make a mistake while working on your spreadsheet, and you detect your error immediately, you can undo your action. In addition, if you undo an action by mistake, you can use Excel to quickly redo it.
To undo your most recent action, click the Undo button on the Standard toolbar. Continue clicking the Undo button to undo more of your recent actions.
To undo multiple actions at the same time, click the down arrow next to the Undo button and select the action you want to undo.
If you undo an action in error, click the Redo button on the Standard toolbar to redo the action. Continue clicking the Redo button to redo more actions.
To redo multiple actions at the same time, click the down arrow next to the Redo button and select the actions.