Home & Office Computing
This chapter is from the book
Selecting Text with the Keyboard
- Press Shift+right arrow to select character by character to the right, or Shift+left arrow to select to the left.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+right arrow to select word by word to the right, or Shift+Ctrl+left arrow to select to the left.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+down arrow to select down paragraph by paragraph, or Shift+Ctrl+up arrow to select up.
- Press Shift+End to select to the end of the line, or Shift+Home to select to the beginning of the line.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+End to select to the end of the document, or Shift+Ctrl+Home to select to the beginning of the document.
- To select any amount of text, click at the beginning of the block of text, and then Shift+click at the end of it.