Home & Office Computing
- By Heidi Steele
- Aug 11, 2006
This chapter is from the book
Selecting Text with the Mouse
- Position the I-beam at one end of the text that you want to select. Press and hold down your mouse button, drag to the other
end of the text, and then release the mouse button.
- If you selected the wrong amount of text, deselect it by clicking anywhere in the document.
- To select an individual word, double-click it.
- To select a single sentence, hold down the Ctrl key as you click anywhere on the sentence. (This only works if no other text is selected.)
- To select a paragraph, move the mouse pointer to the left of the paragraph and double-click.
- To select the entire document, move the mouse pointer to the left of the text and triple-click.