This chapter is from the book
Moving or Copying Multiple Items
- Select your first item and click the Copy button in the Standard toolbar.
- Select and copy your second item; the Clipboard task pane opens. Word items are represented in the task pane by Word icons; the Clipboard displays a snippet of text from each item to identify it.
- If you like, add more items to the Office Clipboard (up to 24). You can add items from any Windows application. The number of items you've added is displayed at the top of the Clipboard.
- To paste an item on the Clipboard into a document, switch to the desired document and position the insertion point accordingly. (You'll learn how to switch among open documents in Part 4.)
- Click the item that you want to insert in the Clipboard task pane, and click Paste in the list that appears.
- The item is pasted into your document. To paste all of the items in the Clipboard task pane at once, click the Paste All button.
- To empty the Office Clipboard, click the Clear All button. To close the Clipboard task pane, click the Close button.