- Download Tomcat from the Apache web site and then experiment at home with servlet deployment.
- Check out this tutorial on how to set up a Tomcat server and deploy servlets. (This can be done on your PC.)
- Sun’s site offers plenty of info on JAXP.
- See this WebReference.com page and this JavaWorld.com page for details on dynamic XSLT execution with JSP.
- TopXML has a tutorial on combining XSLT and ASP.
- Be sure to read the Agile Manifesto.
- You should also peruse Martin Fowler’s take on agile programming.
- Dave Thomas has written an excellent article, "Agile Programming: Design to Accommodate Change."
For a cyber-literary diversion, check out Neal Stephenson’s Cryptonomicon (Eos, 1999)—one of the books found on an AsiaBooks XML order. It’s both historical and technical; it even includes a Perl script.