- Who You Gonna Call?
- Too Many Versions and Patches
- Office Knows Best
- No Attachments or Links in Outlook Email
- Macro SecurityReferences and Security
- Frames Around Inserted Images and Diagrams
- Cant Send More Than One Message to Junk Mail
- Cant Move Customized Toolbars to Another Computer
- Wheres My Stuff?
- Office Wizards Promise to Save Settings but May Not
- Email Setup Is Too Complex
- No Easy Synchronicity
3. Office Knows Best
One of the really painful things Office can do is to try to be helpful. For example, whenever you load it from scratch, it tries to hide its complexity by also withholding important menu items and half its toolbars.
You need to go into the Tools > Customize > Options area (don’t get me started) and disable these "helpful" features in order to see all of the toolbar and menu items you paid for.
Speaking of toolbars, have you counted them lately?
All I can say is thankfully the helpful little animated paperclip doesn’t pop up whenever I begin a letter anymore (although it does on many of my clients’ PCs).