- Web Sites Are Supposed to Make Things Easier, Arent They?
- Standardization, Please!
- Requiring Unnecessary Features or Plug-ins for Navigation
- Silent Failures for Unavailable Browser Features
- Failing Completely for Unavailable Features or Unsupported Browsers/Versions
- Browsers Not Offering Per Window or Easily Reversible Setting Changes
- Companies Registering <sitename> But Not <http://www.sitename>
- Making Information Hard to Find
- Making It Hard to Find or Select Among Products
- Being Impossible to Contact
- Putting Information Only in PDF or Document Format, Not in HTML or at Least Text Files
- Having No-Value-Added Click Here to Enter Splash Pages
- Check Your Site for Stupidity
Putting Information Only in PDF or Document Format, Not in HTML or at Least Text Files
Putting information such as press releases, product specifications, or contact lists only in Acrobat files or spreadsheets adds several layers of aggravation:
- It adds one to three steps to the process of getting documents.
- It can make copying and saving information complex or hopeless.
- Depending on the computer I’m using (I may be at a borrowed web kiosk), the information may be completely impossible to get.
Make it easy for visitors to get the information you want us to have!