- Overprotective Safari
- Forgetful Safari
- Dumb DVD Player
- TextEdit Windows Incorrectly Positioned
- iChat Forgets User Changes to Windows
- iTunes Autofill Solely for iPod shuffle
- iPhoto Doesn't Fail Gracefully
- iPhoto Doesn't Display File Names Nicely
- Disk Utility Doesn't Erase Free Disk Space
- iTunes Doesn't Make Recommendations
6. iTunes Autofill Solely for iPod shuffle
I have 45GB of songs in iTunes and my second-generation iPod can hold only 20GB. As a result, either I must play games with iTunes playlists to designate what music I want to be mobile, or I can accept Apple's solution to this problem, which consists of iTunes automatically creating a special iPod playlist of songs selected using my "music preferences," whatever that means.
The infuriating thing is that Apple has already devised a simple, customizable solution called Autofill (see the following figure), but inexplicably made it function only with the iPod shuffle.
Figure 6 Autofill is a great idea, so why restrict it to the iPod shuffle?