- You're really a Microsoft shill, aren't you?
- But Microsoft did pay you, right?
- You hate Linux, though?
- And you think we should all use Windows?
- I am surprised you didn't mention UNIX security. What do you think of capability-oriented systems?
- You criticize UNIX and say that Mach has some features it lacks, but isn't Mach a form of UNIX?
- Putting wildcard expansion in the shell isn't a bug, its a feature.
- You advocate message passing microkernels, but aren't they really expensive?
- With what do you propose we replace UNIX?
3. You hate Linux, though?
Hate is a strong word. I have used Linux on and off for some years, and I do find parts of the system frustrating. My main problems of Linux are the lack of consistency between distributions and the fact that I never really liked System V (I’m more of a BSD person).
Having said that, I do keep a Linux machine in my coat pocket, although I would be quite tempted to replace it with NetBSD if it gets ported...