Exam Prep Questions
- On which of the following operating systems can MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 be installed? (Choose all that apply.)
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 TSE
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP4
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter
- When installing MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, what is the minimum recommended amount of RAM required for the operating system?
- When an MPS server connects to a Microsoft SQL MSDE IMA Data Store database, the connection is known as
- Host Mode
- Direct Mode
- Straight Mode
- Indirect Mode
- What is the minimum recommended RAM size when installing Windows Server 2003 Datacenter server?
- What is the minimum recommended size of free disk space necessary when you are planning to install Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition in preparation for an MPS 3.0 install?
- A Terminal Server Licensing Server must be installed on a domain controller when using Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 domains?
- Which of the following licenses are not required in an MPS 3.0 environment? (Choose two.)
- Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 Server License
- Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 CALs
- Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 TSCALs
- Citrix MPS 3.0 Server License
- Citrix Connection License
- Citrix Load Balancing License
- Citrix ICA Client device License
- Which of the following ports is used to establish and maintain an ICA session?
- Your Citrix MPS 3.0 farm is composed of 25 servers supporting the accounting package in your organization. On a daily basis, you have 30 users on each server. Servers 10 and 11 have just failed with hardware problems. What happens to the users who were actively connected to these two servers?
- Users are rerouted automatically to another server, but they lose any unsaved data they were working on.
- Users are automatically rerouted and spread over to the other servers in the farm. Users do not lose the data they were working on, and the operation is seamless to the user.
- Users are disconnected from the server and have to reconnect, but they do not lose any data and can pick up where they left off before the servers went down.
- Users are kicked off the servers; they need to reconnect, and any unsaved data is lost.
- What is the grace period for an MPS server to find and communicate with a terminal Server Licensing server before it starts to refuse connections?
- 120 days
- 190 days
- 60 days
- 30 days
Answers C and D are correct. Answer C is correct because all flavors of Windows 2000 Server are supported provided that they are at SP4. Answer D is correct because all flavors of Windows Server 2003 are supported. Answer A is incorrect because MPS 3.0 does not support Windows NT 4.0 TSE. Answer B is incorrect because Windows 2000 should be at Service Pack 4 or later; because it is at SP2, it is not supported.
Answer B is correct. Answers A, C, and D are incorrect because Microsoft's minimum RAM requirement for Windows Server 2003 is 256MB RAM.
Answer D is correct. When an MPS server connects to a Microsoft SQL MSDE or Microsoft Access IMA Data Store database, it is connecting to this database via another MPS server that is hosting the database; therefore, this is known as Indirect mode because it indirectly access the database. Answer A is incorrect because no such mode exists. Answer B is incorrect because a Direct mode is not supported with Microsoft SQL MSDE; it is supported with Microsoft SQL, Oracle, or IBM DB/2. Answer C is incorrect because no such mode exists.
Answer C is correct. The recommended size of RAM when installing Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter server is 1GB. Answers A, B, and D are incorrect because they are not the minimum recommended size.
Answer B is correct. The minimum recommended free disk space required for a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition install is 1.5GB. Answers A, C, and D are incorrect because they are not the minimum recommended free disk space size on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.
Answer B is correct. TS Licensing Server does not have to be installed on a domain controller in either Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003. It is recommended for more reliable querying but is not mandatory and can run on other servers.
Answers F and G are correct. You do not need a specific Citrix load balancing license. Depending on the edition of MPS you purchase, you will either get this feature or not. The Standard Edition of MPS 3.0 does not include load balancing, but the Advanced and Enterprise Editions do. Citrix load balancing was licensed separately in the MF 1.8 days. There is no such thing as the Citrix ICA Client Device License. Answers A through E are incorrect because they are all requirements.
Answer D is correct. TCP port 1494 is used to establish and maintain an ICA session. Answers A and B are incorrect because 2512 and 2513 are used for MPS server-to-server communication and server-to-IMA communications. Answer C is incorrect because 1604 is a UDP port used for client broadcast.
Answer D is correct. Load balancing is not fault tolerance. In the event of a server failure for any reason, users connected to that server lose their connection, thereby needing to reconnect, and any unsaved data is lost. Answers A, B, and C are incorrect because they are incorrect statements.
Answer A is correct. An MPS 3.0 server has 120 days to locate and communicate with a TS Licensing server; otherwise, it will start refusing connections. Answers B, C, and D are incorrect because they do not provide the correct grace period value.