- Exercise 46: Alabama Cement
- Exercise 47: Alaska Tours and Such
- Exercise 48: Arizona Aluminum Manufacturing
- Exercise 49: Arkansas University
- Exercise 50: California Dreaming
- Exercise 51: Colorado Insurers
- Exercise 52: Connecticut Water
- Exercise 53: Delaware Trucking
- Exercise 54: Florida Reviewers
- Exercise 55: Georgia Widgets
- Exercise 56: Hawaii PineTrees, Inc.
- Exercise 57: Idaho Rock Quarries
- Exercise 58: Illinois Lotto
- Exercise 59: Indiana Reptiles
- Exercise 60: Iowa Retirement Homes
- Exercise 61: Kansas Vets, Ltd.
- Exercise 62: Kentucky’s D S Technical
- Exercise 63: Louisiana Fishing
- Exercise 64: Maine Asylums, LLC
- Exercise 65: Maryland Programming
- Exercise 66: Massachusetts Spammers
- Exercise 67: Michigan Growers
- Exercise 68: Minnesota River Authority
- Exercise 69: Mississippi Diabetes Group
- Exercise 70: Missouri Knife and Scissor
- Exercise 71: Montana Expeditions
- Exercise 72: North Carolina Swimmers
- Exercise 73: North Dakota Plastics
- Exercise 74: Nebraska Genealogy
- Exercise 75: Nevada Design
Exercise 75: Nevada Design
You are a programmer/administrator who has been assigned to Nevada Design on a short term, temporary basis. Nevada Design has a number of small jobs that they want you to do, as well as one simple request.
They would like a short shell script that will tell them how many users are listed in the /etc/passwd file on their server. They intend to run this on a regular basis to see if accounts get added and draw attention to them when they do.
Write as short a script as possible to accomplish this task for the customer.
For solutions to these exercises, visit our Safari bookshelf.