Operating Systems, Server
This chapter is from the book
- When possible, become familiar with the ISA Server Console before becoming involved in production ISA Server configuration.
- Use the Help tab in the Task Pane for more information about the specific console node selected.
- When not in use, park the ISA Server Console on the Dashboard of the Monitoring node so that you can quickly glance at and see updated real-time ISA status.
- Enable only those options on the ISA Server that are absolutely necessary.
- Use the logging mechanism in ISA server to troubleshoot firewall rule creation.
- Delegate administration based on group membership whenever possible, rather than on individual users.
- Consider the use of third-party add-ins to extend the capabilities of ISA Server.