Minimizing Channel Conflict
Here are some tips for minimizing conflict with your channel partners:
- Let your retail partners fulfill orders for the customer.
- Be a promotional partner. Not only should you promote your product nationally, but you should assist in promoting your channel partners online.
- Encourage your channel partners to advertise on their own, and not depend solely on your national advertising.
- Bring your channel partners into the decision-making process. Include their ideas and concerns in your channel distribution strategy.
- Communicate clearly and precisely your overall online distribution strategy. Keep your channel partners informed about promotions and new products.
Remember, your channel partners are partners with you in serving your customers.