- Issues in Designing a Transport Layer Protocol for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
- Design Goals of a Transport Layer Protocol for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
- Classification of Transport Layer Solutions
- TCP over Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
- Other Transport Layer Protocols for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
- Security in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
- Network Security Requirements
- Issues and Challenges in Security Provisioning
- Network Security Attacks
- Key Management
- Secure Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
9.4 CLASSIFICATION OF TRANSPORT LAYER SOLUTIONS
Figure 9.1 shows a classification tree for some of the transport layer protocols discussed in this chapter. The top-level classification divides the protocols as extensions of TCP for ad hoc wireless networks and other transport layer protocols which are not based on TCP. The solutions for TCP over ad hoc wireless networks can further be classified into split approaches and end-to-end approaches.
Figure 9.1 Classification of transport layer solutions.