- The Methodical Approach and the Need for a Methodology
- Firewalls, Security, and Risk Management
- How to Think About Risk Management
- Computer Security Principles
- Firewall Recommendations and Definitions
- Why Do I Need a Firewall?
- Do I Need More Than a Firewall?
- What Kinds of Firewalls Are There?
- The Myth of "Trustworthy" or "Secure" Software
- Know Your Vulnerabilities
- Creating Security Policies
- Defense in Depth
Creating Security Policies
In addition to the technical methods used to secure networks and computers, via electronic rules, it's important to create rules for the people that will be using those computers and networks. Many times, you cannot engineer away the cause of the problem: the user. Having a clearly defined security policy is critical to the success of any risk management plan.