- What the North Bridge and South Bridge Do
- Mobo Integration Madness
- What We Look for When Testing Motherboards
- How We Test Motherboards
- Careful Considerations for New Mobos
- Our Top Pentium 4 Chipsets: Intel's 875P and 865PE
- Also Solid: ATI's Radeon 9100 IGP
- Pentium 4 Chipset Pretenders
- Our P4 Mobo Recommendations
- The Back Story: Summer of Athlon XP
- Enter the 64-bit Chipset
- Why Hasn't Intel Integrated the Memory Controller?
- Looking to Overclock?
- Looking Ahead: Future Chipsets & Mobos
- VIA Makes Its Move
- Prepare for BTX
- New Sockets Forthcoming
Also Solid: ATI's Radeon 9100 IGP
Another chipset we've expressed appreciation for is ATI's Radeon 9100 IGP, which is another excellent chipset. It supports all the latest technologiesdual-channel DDR400, 800MHz FSB, AGP 8x, Hyper-Threadingand also boasts an integrated graphics core.
Hardcore gamers and true performance enthusiasts will want to buy an add-in graphics card, but if your budget is tight, the 9100 IGP offers the best integrated graphics core of any chipset on the market. It's also the only chipset with integrated graphics to offer programmable shader support (which you'll need if you want to see next generation games like Doom3 and Half-Life 2 in all their glory).