- Introduction to Optical Design
- Factors That Affect System Design
- Effect of Chromatic Dispersion on Transmission Length and Induced Power Penalty
- Design of a Point-to-Point Link Based on Q-Factor and OSNR
- Calculation of Q-Factor from OSNR
- Margin Requirements
- Design Using Chromatic Dispersion Compensation
- OSNR and Dispersion-Based Design
- Frequency Chirp
- Effects of FWM and XPM on Long-Haul Design
- PMD in Long-Haul Design
1 Bononi, A. Optical Networking. Springer Publishers, 1999.
2 Senior, J., C. Qiao, and S. Dixit. All Optical Networking 1999: Architecture, Control and Management Issues. Proceedings SPIE, 2000.
3 Agrawal, Govind P. Fiber-Optic Communication Systems, Second Edition. Wiley Interscience, 1997.
4 Keiser, G. Optical Fiber Communications, Third Edition. McGraw-Hill, 2000.
5 Mukherjee, B. Optical Communications Networks. McGraw-Hill, 1997.
6 Green, P. Fiber Optics Networks. Prentice Hall, 1992.
7 Ramaswami, R. and K. Sivarajan. Optical Network: A Practical Perspective, Second Edition. Morgan Kaufmann, 2001.
8 Agarwal, G. Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition. Academic Press, 1995.
9 Saleh, B. and M. Teich. Fundamentals of Photonics. Wiley, 1991.
10 Ramamurthiu, B. Design of Optical WDM Networks, LAN, MAN, and WAN Architectures. Kluwer, 2001.