- The Importance of Service Management
- Step 1: Define Your IT Services
- Step 2: Define Your IT Service Levels
- Step 3: Identify IT Growth Projections
- Step 4: Identify Critical IT Assets
- Step 5: Identify IT Opportunities and Risks
- Step 6: Establish IT Control and Design Objectives
- Next Steps
- Harris Kern's Enterprise Computing Institute
Step 1: Define Your IT Services
It's important that you begin this process by identifying and describing the services that your IT organization provides. Describe these services from the customer's perspective, covering service levels and main service components. The main objective is to completely understand your IT organization's services.
Focusing on IT services is a key element to aligning IT with desired business outcomes. Some examples of IT services include hosting services (floor space, rack space, uninterruptible power, network connectivity, and bandwidth), server configuration and management services, streaming media services, email services, and application management.