- What Is the ZODB?
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Why Are Database Adapters Necessary?
- Which Database Adapter Do I Need?
- Connecting MySQL and Zope
- Gadfly—Zope's Integrated Demo Relational Database
- Introduction to SQL
- Using Z SQL Methods to Submit SQL Statements
Why Are Database Adapters Necessary?
Database adapters are links between Zope and the respective external relational databases. Through this link, data is sent between the two entities. Zope sends SQL statements that are then analyzed within the database and then the database sends the requested information. Without this link, Zope does not know where to send the SQL statements a user wants to have processed.