This chapter is from the book
- What is the difference between a local multiplayer game and a networked multiplayer game?
- What are three different types of local network connections?
- What is a major consideration when converting a networked game that works over a LAN to work over the Internet?
- What is an MUD, and what type of game did it evolve into?
- How does an MMO differ from a standard online game?
- In the Tribes model, which system(s) provide reliability?
- Describe how the ghost manager in the Tribes model reconstructs the minimal necessary transmission in the event that a packet is dropped.
- In the Age of Empires peer-to-peer model, what is the purpose of the turn timer? What information is transmitted over the network to the other peers?