- Using the AARP App
- Finding Interesting Accommodations with the Airbnb App
- Using Foursquare to Enhance Your Travel Choices
- Exchanging Homes Is a Great Way to See the World
- Arranging Travel Using the Kayak App
- Finding Your Way Using the iPad Maps App
- SeatGuru by TripAdvisor
- Communicating in a Foreign Country Is Easy When You Use Talking Translator
- Getting Travel Advice from Others Using TripAdvisor
- Getting a Ride Using the Uber App
Communicating in a Foreign Country Is Easy When You Use Talking Translator
Talking Translator is an amazing app that enables you to speak into a microphone in your native tongue and instantly have the phrase translated into another language. You are allowed five free translations per day; after that, you need to purchase further translations. This is a remarkable app that can greatly enhance your ability to communicate in a foreign country.
To try out this app, do the following:
In the App Store, search for Talking Translator. Tap Get, and then tap Install to download it. After it is installed, tap the Talking Translator icon on your iPad’s home screen to open it.
- The opening page gives you a few options to review, including Continue, Leave Feedback, Buy, or Activate.
For this task, tap Continue, which takes you to the free translations.
The next page requires you to choose your native tongue. For this task, choose English USA. As you can see, there are many languages to choose from.
Next, choose the language into which you want your phrase translated.
- For this task, choose to have English USA translated into French.
Tap Speak and choose a phrase you commonly need to translate when abroad, such as “Please help me find the nearest bathroom.”
To do this, tap the red dot at the bottom of the app. As soon as the dot begins to flash, speak into the microphone. The app writes what it heard you say. It is important to make sure that the app has captured your exact question.
- Talking Translator shows your phrase written in French.
Tap listen to hear your phrase.