Setting Do Not Disturb Preferences
As you learned in Chapter 1, the Do Not Disturb feature enables you to temporarily silence notifications; you can also configure quiet times during which notifications are automatically silenced.
You can set an automatic Do Not Disturb schedule by performing the following steps:
On the Settings screen, tap Do Not Disturb.
- To activate Do Not Disturb manually, set the Manual switch to on (green). (This does the same thing as activating it from the Control Center.)
- To configure Do Not Disturb to activate automatically on a schedule, slide the Scheduled switch to on (green).
Tap the From and To box.
- Tap From.
- Swipe on the time selection wheels to select the hour and minute (AM or PM) when you want the Do Not Disturb period to start.
- Swipe on the time selection wheels to set the hour and minute (AM or PM) when you want the Do Not Disturb period to end.
Tap Do Not Disturb.
Tap Allow Calls From.
- Tap the option for whose calls should be allowed during the Do Not Disturb period. The options are Everyone, which doesn’t prevent any calls; No One, which sends all calls to voicemail; Favorites, which allows calls from people on your Favorites lists to come through but all others go to voicemail; or one of your contact groups, which allows calls from anyone in the selected group to come through while all others go to voicemail.
Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Set the Repeated Calls switch to on (green) if you want a second call from the same person within three minutes to be allowed through. This feature is based on the assumption that if a call is really important, someone will try again immediately.
- If you want notifications to be silenced only when your phone is locked, tap Only while iPhone is locked during the Do Not Disturb period. Tap Always if you want notifications to be silenced regardless of the Lock status.
Tap Settings. During the Do Not Disturb period, your iPhone is silent, except for any exceptions you configured. When the scheduled Do Not Disturb period ends, your iPhone resumes its normal notification activity.