- Enabling Cortana
- Configuring Cortana Voice Search
- Searching with Cortana
- Discovering Cortana Features
- Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
- Improving Web Searches with Cortana
- Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
- Using Cortana's Reminders
- Viewing a Reminder
- Turning Off Cortana
- Search Without Cortana
Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
As you learned in the previous lesson, Cortana learns from the searches you perform. You can make voice searches easier by using Cortana’s Notebook feature to turn on “Hey, Cortana.” Here’s how
- Click or tap Notebook.
Click or tap Settings.
- Click or press and drag to On to enable you to say “Hey Cortana” to start voice searches.
The default is for Cortana to respond to anyone.
To optimize Cortana to respond to your voice, click or tap Learn my voice.
Read the instructions, then click or tap Start.
Speak each phrase Cortana displays. Cortana displays the next one after it recognizes the current phrase.
When you see this, Cortana has learned your voice. You can start a search by saying, “Hey Cortana,” followed by your search or command.