- Enabling Cortana
- Configuring Cortana Voice Search
- Searching with Cortana
- Discovering Cortana Features
- Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
- Improving Web Searches with Cortana
- Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
- Using Cortana's Reminders
- Viewing a Reminder
- Turning Off Cortana
- Search Without Cortana
Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
When you search (with or without Cortana running), your device is searched for matching files, apps, and settings before the Web is searched. Here’s a typical example.
- Click or tap the Search box and enter your search term.
- If your search term matches a trusted Windows Store or Win32 (standard) Windows app that’s installed, it’s listed here.
- Other installed apps are listed here.
- Settings that match your search are listed here.
- Documents that match your search are listed here.
Click or tap for more search results from your device.
- Scroll down to see all matches in all categories.
- To see all matches in a particular category, click or tap See all.
- Click or tap a location for more matches.
- Click or tap All if you want to jump to a particular category.
Click or tap the category to jump to.