- Enabling Cortana
- Configuring Cortana Voice Search
- Searching with Cortana
- Discovering Cortana Features
- Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
- Improving Web Searches with Cortana
- Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
- Using Cortana's Reminders
- Viewing a Reminder
- Turning Off Cortana
- Search Without Cortana
Search Without Cortana
If you disable Cortana but retain Search’s capability to search the Web as well as your device, Search works a little differently, as you learn in this lesson.
- Click or tap Search.
Search displays popular news stories.
- Click or tap for other options.
- Click or tap Check for updates to load the latest news stories.
Click or tap Hide popular news to remove stories from the Search menu.
- Click or tap Show popular news to restore the latest news stories to the Search menu.
- Click or tap and enter search text.
- If there are no local matches, the leading Web search is listed at the top of the Search dialog.
- Online search matches are displayed.
Click or tap to close the browser.